Thursday, December 06, 2007

The Golden Compass + Christmas Decoration at Pavillion

Allan won two tickets for the premier show of Golden Compass at the new cinema in Pavillion. Despite I am on call, I still sneak out (again) to watch this movie, poor Allan have to carry my laptop for me. We went to claim our tickets once we reached Pavillion, the tickets comes together with the kaleidoscope as freebie. Then, Allan asked the guy who gave him the tickets

Allan : So are there any other events before the show starts?
XX : Hmm, not events, but you can get your free drinks and popcorn.
Allan : Isn't Nicole Kidman coming?
XX : .......

We've got our tickets!

The tiny little kaleidoscope

Then we headed toward downstairs to grab something to eat. Oh, as you know, one of the famous spot in Pavillion is the J.Co donut, you can always spot the long queue there. Yes, me as a donut lover, I did queue up twice for it, it's just so nice and irresistible. Do you want ya J.Co? here is the tip, go on weekday at night (night only, I went once during weekday daytime and the queue is still very long). See, this is the shortest ever queue for the J.Co donut I've ever seen.
The S-shape queue

Then we decided to have our dinner at the Ichiban Boshi. The food is very nice, the portion is very generous, the service is good! It is x100 nicer than the Yo! sushi next door.

It is bigger in real than the photo

After the dinner, we still have lots of time. Then we walked to the center court to take some photos of the Christmas decoration. I'm sorry ya, you can see a lot of my photos in this post, haha, I just love the photos very much, can you feel the Christmas?

A tourist took this for us when he saw we were trying to self-shot. Yes, a TOURIST.

Nice or not??

This is the Christmas tree I mentioned in my previous entry which is a stage by itself; it is a staircase. The colour will keep changing, I love all the colours so I decided to put ALL of it. Haha. You must be sicked of seeing the same face for the same pose with the same backdrop. Lalala, I don't care.. hahaha

The White

The Blue

The Green

And the PURPLE!

This was taken behind the stage, Isn't it looks very "Hui Ham" (glamorous)

Another view from upstairs, looks a bit kelam-kabut though

Well, don't forgot our objective being here. We heads back to cinema again after the camwhoring. Walao, the security is so strict, we have to deposit all the electronic gadgets including handphone, laptop, camera, mp3 player at the counter before we enter the cinema. They even have few stops to scan and check your bag. Luckily pager is allowed, else I might have to wait for Allan outside the cinema.

Then the show started on time, there is no advertisement!! So syiok. The new cinema is good, the seat is comfortable and more leg rooms. More leg room is good where you don't need to stand up when people want to pass by your seat to theirs, and you don't have to endure the person behind you shaking his leg and you think is your hp vibrating. So the show ended after dunno how many hours. The movie is crap, no story line and worse no ending! Luckily I don't need to pay myself for this movie.

2 comments:

Eunice Foo said...

wah wah wah ...nice deco !!! very classy .. let me check out the shopping mall in spore sin .. hardly see so glamour deco .. nice shot !!

琦筠Eugene李 said...

ya..
so wonderful de pavillion!!
but last month i went, no decoration seems like very spacial..maybe its just too big!