Sunday, March 30, 2008

Dine and wine at Ninja Jones

I bump into Peter and Fioncis in the afternoon at Mid Valley on Saturday while I was going for my hair cut. They were so surprise to see me because I replied Peter's SMS in the morning saying I am in Seremban, haha, they didn't know I came back to KL in the afternoon straight after the Qing Ming praying ceremony in Nilai. Then we just came out the impromptu idea to have dinner together; but they have to wait for me to finish my haircut, which is about 4 hours!!! Haha..

After the long wait, we had our dinner at the Ninja Jones japanese restaurant at the Northpoint; which is located at the condominium opposite of the Mid Valley. I have been here once and I miss the dish where they mix the rice with varieties of raw fish cubes, thus I decided to stick with it. Too bad I forgot the name of it and didn't take the photo as well..

Fioncis ordered the rice which mix with the ebiko. It really looks very disgusting, and Fioncis actually don't take ebiko, haha, she just simply point at the picture and order the food without reading the description. Thus at the end me and Peter have to finish it for her. Lesson learnt, read the description before you order. Anyway, it is quite nice actually, especially if you likes ebiko. Second lesson learnt - don't judge the book by its cover. Haha.

Disgusting or not? The orange thingy is the sauce which have ebiko in it, and it is very sticky.

How it looks like after mix with the rice. Can you spot the ebiko?

Then Peter also ordered the bento with eel comes with the greentea. You need to pour the greentea into the pot and eat with the rice, sort of the Hakka Lui Cha. I didn't try his but Peter said it is just so so.

Japanese style Lui Cha

We also ordered the sushi and one of the signature dish for side dishes, can't remember the name again. These are really yummy!! Something really unique too.
The sushi with egg and cheese and ebiko. Zheng!


This is one of their signature dish. Must try!!!

We were quite full after finish everything. Then Peter feel like wine and want to spend us a bottle which cost at RM129. After sipping a while, the supervisor came and apologize to us because her waitress made a mistake, that wine actually cost RM189. It was funny when she ask us is that OK for us and Peter answered "We can't do anything right?".. haha.. then the supervisor also gave each of us a complementary custord pudding. But this custord pudding is very nice ler!!! Next time will sure order this again, what a good marketing they are doing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was really good !!!

chrys said...

hehe... yummy..

Eunice Foo said...

hmmm de ebiko seems yucky ..the rest looks yummy :) hehe i can imagine the dessert ..must be yum yum :)

Tammy said...

hehe, let's go together when next time two of you come back from singapore!!! I miss the Jogoya session we had..

Eunice Foo said...

sure thing :)