Thursday, March 13, 2008

What is Love - by Tammy

This is the Tammy's version of what is love?

-To be loved, I don't need you to sacrifice anything for me.
-To be loved, I don't need you to buy me Burberry or Habib.
-To be loved, I don't need you to physically be there for me 24*7.
-To be loved, I don't need you to return home early everyday.

However, my definition of love is ..

- Two of us can grow up together and bound towards the same direction.
- Being supportive, understanding, tolerance and treasure each other.
- Always be there and consistently putting effort into the relationship.
- Trust each other.
- Give without hoping for return.
- Feeling contented everyday by just knowing he/she is always there for you.
- Doing thing together; need each other.

I know it sound abstract, but what is essential is invisible to the eye, it's only with the heart that you can see rightly. If you drill into it, you will realize it is all about the sense of security and commitment. The last thing I want to say is "Trust is the easiest thing in the world to loose, and the hardest thing in the world to get back.".
"Suffering occurs when we want other people to love us in the way we imagine we want to be loved, and not in the way that love should manifest itself - free and untrammelled, guiding us with its force and driving us on.".
I wish I can manifest the true meaning of this sentence written by Paulo Coelho in the book Zahir.

3 comments:

琦筠Eugene李 said...

i was indulging in all these phrases!!!meaningful ler!!yummy!!!i can learn a lot here.

Eunice Foo said...

i agreed on what u said.emotionally being loved is very important for a gal. Trust, of course. thats de basic thing a couple should have !!

Set kian said...

love is an undefinable word, diferent people have own defination. You should happy that you have yours. You are not out of the picture!
Love for me is we do not know when the feeling come, but once it gone, it forever gone...