Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Why do I love Khao San Rd

It is very hard to describe my feeling towards the Khao San road which known as backpacker's capital, I love this place. It is such a lively place. As quote from one Thai writer, he described this road as "a short road that has the longest dream in the world.". It filled with various cultures around the world that each traveler bringing in. I feel so free while walking on this street, nobody will care about your race, your homeland, nor your status. You can dress up as you likes and grab a cheap beer and sit by the road side watching the performance of the street performer. Or you can get a pack of pancake and walk along the street while seeing all the guai lou getting drunk around you.

You can find the whole road is so busy with all the peoples, cafe, pub, hawker stall, street performers, tattoo and hair braiding stall, massage parlour, barber, and even balloon seller who hold a huge stalk of balloon and you will worry that he will flew away....

The hair breading service by the road side

this place is cheap and nevertheless I love the food here especially this -> banana pancake with chocolate and condensed milk topping ...me alone can finish two pieces in one night...

I missed him

And Allan's favorite -> the best Kra-prow in the world... hmm, I must admit I like this Kra-prow as well, it looks so simple with just some vege and pork on top of white rice yet it taste so uniquely delicious...


See, Allan is enjoying with his Kra-Pow

And I love this "orange" juice from Bangkok which is actually a lime(?) juice in orange colour.. It isn't too sweet and with slightly sour, it is just so different than the orange juice we have in Malaysia...


Khao San road is always occupied with all the backpackers, even after all the stalls are closed...see ..

No comments: