Thursday, January 01, 2009

Say bye-bye to 2008, and say hi-hi to 2009

Good bye year 2008.

It was a dramatic year for me. So many changes happened in merely a year, till I find it at times life has been pushing my limit again and again to test if I am still able to stand strong after taking all the blows.

Despite changing a new job in the early of the year 2008, I have changed a lot as well; especially since ever I have ended a relationship that was last about 4++ years; it's destined that I have to change to cope with my long lost singlehood - change my lifestyle, change my thinking, change my social life, change my personality, change change change.... first time ever I can manifest the true meaning of the quote "change is the only constant".

Frankly it's kinda weird to be single again as I have been in relationship almost continuously for more than 7 years. Instead of cling to grief, I distract myself in getting my house done and cultivate new hobbies; quote from Love Guru - distraction make you free from emotional pain. There I start to meet a lot of new people and explore many new things in life. I started to pick up my saxophone again too.

For year 2008, It is a significant achievement for me to "end my nomad life" by shifting in my new house; it's nothing better than your dream comes true, it worth all the money I spent and fuss that I have been through. You won't understand how keen I wanted to own a house instead of just tumpang here and there at my siblings' place and always looking for new room to rent whenever my rental contract ends. Anyway, I truly appreciate all the helps from my family and friends, else I don't think I am capable in getting my house done all by myself, those are the person that I can always count on. :)

Then I was in love again in year 2008; but it's just gone too fast before I can get rid of the phobia in relationship. Although it is just a short period of time but it was quite hurtful, and that's why I changed again. I think it's getting harder for me to comes down from the fences now and I find it hard to believe in relationship again. Both the relationships that ended this year has dried up my tear. But thank god I am still in one piece and I have moved on. At this point in time, I am enjoying my singlehood, enjoying the freedom I have and enjoying spending more precious moments with family and friends.

The icing on the cake, I have met a lot of new friends in 2008. Although they are new faces that appear in my life, but most of them has given me lots of support while I am feeling down. Besides, I am catching up with many old friends again and had lots of great time together. I have spent more times with my family too; the endless shoppings, the musical plays and concerts we attended, the birthday parties of all my nephews and nieces, and the fun trips and outings we had. Of course there are more to come in year 2009! And also it meant a lot to me when my brother and his family shifted back to Malaysia after so many years. I guess my parents will be happy with his decision if they can still know about this somewhere up there.

So it's year 2009, and now I'm not just able to see but touch the light at the end of the tunnel! Definitely 2009 will be a better year for all of us, let's say bye bye to 2008, and say hi hi to 2009! \^o^/

3 comments:

Eunice Foo said...

Ganbate ne ! am sure u can do it well and can handle it well ! i saw everything in my own eyes or a tougher tammy !! go go go !!! 2009 definitely a better year !

Tammy said...

yaya, 2009 definitely a better year!!!!! :):):)

琦筠Eugene李 said...

hunny, u r really geng!!
gambateh on 2009~~~~