Monday, February 11, 2008

Roadshow in Singapore

It has been a long long time since my last blog. I was super duper busy due to me being sent to Singapore for 4 days database technology roadshow and just touched down to KL on CNY's eve! It was a rush for me and seems that I don't have enough time to prepare for CNY.

Day 1
=====

Me and my colleague - Chong took the 7.30pm flight to Singapore and touched down Changi at around 9. We were so hungry and took our dinner at the hotel straight after we checked-in.

I stayed at Marriott Hotel at Orchard Road, needless to say, the hotel is very nice. I occupy one room alone and there are actually two beds in a room, equipped with bath tub, sofa, plasma screen tv and a study table. I took a hot bath and went straight to bed for my beauty sleep.

Day 2
=====

Chong and I had our breakfast in the hotel and after that we took a cab to the HP building at Alexendra Road.

The roadshow was great. It is very informative and I believe I can apply the knowledge I gained at my work. The only drawback is that the trainer was very grumpy and he can prolong till 7pm for a session which was supposed to end at 5pm!

After the roadshow, I rushed to Bugis via MRT to meet with Eunice and Chrys. Hehe, we shopped till all the shops closed. I am so happy la, I bought 2 tops, one jeans and a lot of accessories!! And I got a shot glass for Allan too as promised. Then I persuade them to come over to my hotel. Haha. Definitely we had good time and we chit chat till 3/4am. Allan always wonder how can we have so much thing to chat although we meet quite often. What I can say is, he just don't understand girls well enough.

Eunice, me and Chrys

Chrys, Eunice, Cookie Monster and me. (And Lily the Eeyore is at the top left corner)

Yes, the same faces
Day 3
=====
Roadshow again. But this round it ended at 4pm. So Chong and I decided to walk around for some sightseeing. We shop around Orchard Road but there is nothing special since we can get the same thing in Malaysia too. Then we went to Chinatown hoping to feel the CNY ambiance in Singapore. And yes! it is really very cny-ish in Chinatown. Its so crowded and CNY songs playing here and there.

Chinatown - 牛车水

so CNY-ish

SGD5 for a plastic bag and stuff the candies as much as you can into it

Then we saw a sausage stall having a long queue, we decided to give it a try. Woooah, the sausage really nice la, it has crunchy skin and very cheesy juicy in the sausage. I love it so much. If you got a chance to go Chinatown, get one and you will fall in love with it.

Long queue at the Wuerstelstand.

Guai lou mai hiong qiong - 鬼佬卖香肠

I spot this very nice temple too!! Too bad I was wearing shorts and can't get in.

After that we went to Clarke Quay to grab dinner. This is my first time to Clarke Quay and I quite like this place; I took a lot of photos and videos here. We went back to hotel after our Japanese dinner with nice riverside view.

Clarke Quay. Nice shot with my new camera?

Pardon for the photo quality, but this is the best one which has me in the photo.

Day 4
=====
We just took a cab to Changi and had our breakfast there then head back to KL!!! See, my baby Presto is so excited when she see me. ^____^

1 comment:

Eunice Foo said...

baby presto ... she is sooooooooooo cute..can u just upload some of her photos without u? haha .. and her vidoe as well ..haha