Thursday, January 16, 2014

While we are expecting our little one #1 - how we found out

I'm writing this post at my week 9 pregnancy; but I'm probably publishing it in the second trimester :D

It's Chinese pantang to keep it as a secret until second trimester but I just couldn't resist but have told a lot of my friends already as early as week 6. lol.. Anyway, at least I'm not announcing it on FB. :p

So how did we find out? It was during my trip to HK. Since I've been TTC (trying to conceive) for some times, I actually bring along the pregnancy test kit with me because my period will be due during the trip. :p

The day before I tested it, Danny and I went to the famous Wong Dai Sin temple and I "kao chim" and asked when will I have a baby, the chim said it will come in autumn. Then the next day I tested with pregnancy test kit and it return positive. Amazing or not? It's really autumn in lunar calendar lo..

The reason I so gan jeong to test it was because we actually planning to attend the wine & dine festival in HK, and I wanted to play safe not to drink if I were pregnant. So in the end I didn't drink lo, hehe, and thats how Doreen find it suspicious and keep asking if I'm "yao jor". lol

I tested it on tat day my period due, the double lines on the pregnancy test kit was very light. When I showed it to Danny, he just refuse to believe I'm pregnant and didn't show much response. Grrrhh!!! I'm so disappointed, I've been always fantasy on how big reaction can Danny be when he knows tat he is becoming a daddy soon.

Then we return from HK and I tested again with home pregnancy test kit, the double has become very obvious, and we know it's confirmed. Then Danny start becoming all bossy. No cold drinks, no fast food, no instant noodle, no late night sleep and etc. Good side of it, also no house chore… Danny is doing all of it! He do all the house chore, prepare food for me (either tapao or cook by himself), make milk for me whenever I'm hungry and putting up with my temper whenever my hormone acting up. I know I'm such a lucky gal and I'm blessed with a supportive husband.


No comments: