Friday, December 31, 2010

Farewell 2010, bring it on 2011

Year 2010 has been a crazily busy year for me. So busy, I haven't left much time for myself. I skipped a lot of family trips, and barely have chance to go exercise or facial or just a casual dinner gathering with my girls. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, in fact it was my new year resolution to focus in career and I really glad that I have a very understanding bf that support me comes rain or shine.

Well, it's been a year now, no doubt I've learnt a lot and grew a lot. I ditch my DBA role and get into performance testing team as a team lead, picking up more responsibilities and pressure comes in a package. It's not really a big BIG achievement but I'm happy with the exposure and cofidence I gained, moreover I started to find PT interesting albeit I still miss working on database.

Apparently it's been an eventful year for me in my career but definitely not my perfonal life. I was constantly working long hour and been sick many times in merely a year, I lost count, and even admitted into hospital due to dengue. So, for this coming year, a big contradict with my last year resolution, guess it's a high time to seriously start looking into striking a work-life balance. On a side note, more in my to-do list : to get a landed house, travel to 2 countries and go for a diving trip! And most importantly, to be a simpler and happier person.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!!!!

No comments: