Saturday, June 26, 2010

How to say good bye

Aunty of Danny just passed away few days ago. I met her merely few times before, but still I feel upset when I get the news. I guess it's norm to feel upset over someone's death, be it you just met him/her once or million times. The topic of death make people feel helpless and afraid, that's why it remains a taboo and nobody has taught us how to say good bye ever. But why? we all know all human will die eventually, why can't we just being taught a better way to say good bye?

It reminds me a favourite movie of mine - Elizabeth town. It's a love story but the part that makes me love this movie is when it talk about how the family deal with the death of the dad/husband. There is a scene the wife perform a tap dancing at her late husband's funeral; and joke about life as a widow. Why she did so? Definitely it's sad for her to part from her husband, but life still goes on, she just need to be strong and take care of herself and of course the family too. Whoever is gone already gone, the most important is the person being left behind. I believe if the person still can see us from somewhere up there, he/she will be happy too and continue his/her journey with no worries. I hope we can say good bye in this way.

No comments: