Monday, June 14, 2010

Feed the hungry

I was excited when come across my company is setting up a team to drive charity event; and I wish I am supportive enough by taking part instead of joining the community. So I took part in their first program which called "feed the hungry".

This program will assist the good folks of Grace Community Services with one of their activities - a food relief service which runs on every Sunday to provide a warm meal to over 300 homeless, vulnerable and underpreviledged people. I was surprised when I reach that place; out of my 20++ years in Malaysia, I have no idea on the existence of such place right in the center of KL. It was so crowded with people. Honestly I'm a bit scared when I was walking alone from the parking to the center.

So called feed the hungry, it is not just feeding, there are actually a lot of preparation work to be done behind the scene. We need to help in packing the rice with chicken and vege, prepare the drinks, cut the banana, spread the butter on bread and DISTRIBUTE IT. Seriously it ain't easy, we were working non stop from 2pm till 6pm. Nevertheless, I feel great when seeing the food recipient appreciate their food very much and I realize we should feel blessed for every proper meal that we are are having everyday. Kids, don't be choosy over what is in your plate!!

It was Sunday. A precious day for most of the ppl, of coz myself too. But I think it's really great to spend the weekend in something meaningful rather than laze it away on the coach with chips and TV.

If you would like to offer your hand, you can organize a small group, say 10, to help in this.
Grace Community Services Centre
Address: 81E, 4th Floor, Sri Bunus, Jalan Medan Bunus, Off Jalan Masjid India, 50100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: 603-2694 2423 / 603-2694 2433
Fax: 603-2697 0452
Email: info@gracecommunityservices.my


Look at the smile after all the hard work. Glad meeting you all too. ^^

Zaza and I meeting this sweet Thai girl - Oil.

1 comment:

Eunice Foo said...

good job tammy ! keep it up ^_^