Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Past and Present

You wrote this about me

The things that we lost, is impossible to get back. I often wonder how she felt when she say she regrets never spending enough time with her mother. Maybe this is the same feeling of remorse. Maybe it is really lost and is impossible to get back. And then I wonder at the effort that she puts in to be with her family again. She placed them as the priority in hope of catching up. In hope probably, of making up for lost time and not repeat the same mistakes. Noble acts, which might bear fruit. The opportunity for a second chance. I feel so much of what she felt the past couple of years. I felt the regrets. I felt the single handed claps. I felt her moment of loneliness. I felt the uncertainty.

It has been few years already, I chose to hide how much I miss them in front of people because I still feel very hurtful whenever I recall how I disappoint them. I carry them in my heart all the time and miss them badly. It's not just about regret, lonely and uncertainty, but helpless. Helpless due to I am all alone by myself although I am surrounded by friends and family, and I can do nothing to bring them back and compensate what I have done on them anymore.

I know it is not the same scenario, but as mentioned by you, you are walking over my footprints now. The thing that we lost is impossible to get back. And regardless how bad enough you want it and how hard you try, it doesn't mean you will get what you want. Thus just cherish what we have at the moment and learn to let go. Afterall, life still goes on. C'est la vie.

2 comments:

Eunice Foo said...

i feel the pain in u .. i understand how it feels. Yea we must learn to look forward and to the brighter side of life. Yes u lose them, but am sure they are up there being ur guardian angel. Must learn to be tougher than others ok. Im sure u can do it and Im sure u deserve someone who will adore you, care for you and hold u tight .Cheers ! love ya :)

Set kian said...

this acticle is heavy for me to finish, the meaning its carrys is even more heavier.
You will not end up like this for your whole life, ensure yourself this.
Life is always full of up and down situation, sadness is not good, think optimist is sadness will make you tresure every happy moment you'll have later on..
Do not reject sadness, it just like rain before rainbow..wihtout rain there will be no colourful rainbow in the sky....
and you like rainbow, don't you?
just wait patiently for the rain to stop, sure you will show smilling face when watching the rainbow...and that time you will notice that the loved one is standing beside you....be patient..just listen to the raining noise..patient..tomorrow you'll see rainbow...we love you.