Monday, April 09, 2007

Phantom of the Opera

I can't claim myself a big fan of Phantom of the Opera, but this is my best-loved musical especially the song of it. Allan once jokingly told me we can go to Her Majestys Theatre in London to watch this when we are rich!!Haha. We both love this musical very much and it is my dream to watch the PTO LIVE. We were so excited once we know the PTO will be brought to Singapore and we don't need to be rich to watch it..haha... Allan know it first and he planned for this trip to watch the PTO - it's nothing better than your dream comes true!!

Here's our tickets!!!
And here we are at the Esplanade!!!

This musical is very nice, it is the longest-running musical on Broadway. Everything is perfect - the song, the costume, the lighting, the stage, the acting, the orchestra.... we watched the movie of PTO two years ago and we already like it so much, not to mention we watch it live.

I was really amazed by the stage decoration, there is one scene - the labyrinth underground, which the background set as the underground lair and the phantom and Christine on the boat, the stage really looks like real river!! when they are moving forward with the boat, you can see the "candles" on the river is moving as well.. And also the scene where the chandelier dropped off from the ceiling, I almost hold my breath although my seat was quite far from the stage. Besides, the "Masquerade" scene is soooo pretty where i heard few peoples around me sound "wah!" when the scene started....and also....It was just too many attraction of this musical which I cant tell entirely here, you must go and watch it yourself to feel it, I can guarantee you it is worth of the price...

see my expression after the play? Super satisfied. One more please.

Of course we don't come back straight after the PTO, me and Allan spend 4 days in Singapore. We went to Sentosa Island, Night Safari, Orchard Road, Suntec City, Vivo City...Hmm, I love the night safari, I was back to a kindergarten kid when I was there, it was such a special experience that you can see the animals in such short distance at night. The rest of the itenary was quite bored, the major activities are just shopping and more shoppingss...
Sentosa 'Hot'land
The leopard
and the Orang Hutan

I miss this duck rice from Chinatown's HongLim hawker center..yum yum...

No comments: